Sunday, January 1, 2012

New Year, New Beginnings

We have an orchid in our garden but it has not flowered for a long long time. However, just recently I saw some buds and was really excited. I kept watching it grow and soon I could see that the flowers would be of purple color. Most of the orchids that flower in our garden are the white ones and so I was more excited.

And this New Year, three flowers bloomed, they are really pretty! I was thinking how lovely to greet the new year. New life, new beginning!

I am certainly looking forward to a new beginning. I have finished my 6-cycle chemo last December 15, 2011 and would have my blood test and ct-scans on the 12th of this year. I'm recovering my health hoping for good results. My family and friends assure me that the result will be good, even the Lord reassured me from my readings that I will be healed! So I'm excited and happy. My family celebrated New year's eve at home and that made me more happy and blessed. Certainly a good feeling to start the year.

In the afternoon, I got a text message. It was from my friend Meldy. She said that her brother Rony died at 2 pm.

Remember Rony? I have been praying for him. He has been in the hospital a long time and Meldy is also losing hope. I was praying for an urgent miracle that he be healed so he can spend Christmas with his family. I was so glad when I got a message on my birthday that he was finally discharged from the hospital. So he will spend Christmas season with his family. And He did!

However, he did not stay long enough. I can feel from Meldy's text messages that he has not really fully recovered as her replies became short with a tinge of sadness. I used to write her longer messages for assurances but I could feel that it only made her more sad so I made them short so she just knows that someone is there for her.

When I got her text, I did not know how to write a comforting message. I wanted to comfort her so much but I knew that words would not make up. Maybe words were not necessary because she was thankful that I was around to pray with them. And she was somehow comforted knowing that her brother Rony is now in heaven where there is no more pain... where he will have a new beginning! A better beginning with God!

I was listening to Lifelines, a CD by Fr. Bob McConaghy. His first talk was on Miracles. he says that all miracles we experience are temporary except for one and that is our last miracle, when we finally spend our eternal life in heaven with God.

So this new year, I am looking forward to new beginnings, lots of miracles! The last miracle, I leave unto God's hands in His own time.

I know that there will be moments of doubts and fears but I will live feeling grateful thinking that everyday is God's miracle.

No comments:

Post a Comment