Wednesday, January 25, 2012

Laughter, the best medicine

They say that laughter is the best medicine.

Well, I know that I have the greatest healer taking care of me but laughter certainly does help! And I certainly had a good laughter this afternoon.

My mother usually goes on siesta at around 1:30 to 2 pm then wakes up near 3:00 pm to watch her telenovelas (soaps) on TV in our living room, however, this afternoon she switched channel and was watching the news TV and they were showing the impeachment proceeding of Chief Justice Corona live. I just came from the bedroom when I saw the proceeding started and so standing I also looked and it was an interesting and funny proceeding. The prosecutors were definitely not prepared and they knew that what they wanted to happen is not actually acceptable yet they went to argue anyway hoping that they will be allowed to... "Palusot" is our word for it, I don't know the exact English equivalent of that word -- pushing your luck or maybe chancing your arm? Anyway, I was just smiling along with the leader of defense panel(well I can certainly see the grin on his face)listening to the long and funny argument of one of the prosecutor when the Honorable Senator Miriam Defensor Santiago took the stand and spoke angrily and colorfully starting in English and moving to Tagalog with a tinge of Ilonggo at the peak of her discourse. She was really lambasting the prosecutors and she has every right to but she did it in a very funny way. She is really one intelligent, witty,FUNNY and colorful woman. I couldn't help but laugh and a good thing that the Senate President called for a minute recess (I heard that it was the longest minute) since it was near my 3 pm prayer time. I really had to do some settling down before I could start my prayer!

I don't really like politics... such discussion usually cause distress and I definitely don't want to be distressed or stressed especially in my condition. However, today politics was not a source of distress but therapy as my heart and lungs had a good exercise from laughing! Maybe it is not a bad idea to watch some more?

No comments:

Post a Comment