Friday, January 6, 2012

How Blessed to be with Mama

I was talking with my cousin over Skype and we got to talk about my aunt, her mother, whose birthday is today. My aunt is in the province and has dementia. My cousin is in the Middle East. Most of her siblings are abroad or in other provinces. Only one brother is with her and he is out most of the time so there is no family to take care of her.

She called her mother on the mobile phone to wish her happy birthday but instead my aunt told her happy birthday and she answered back "No it is not my birthday but your birthday!" then my cousin said she cried. My aunt could not care for herself anymore, my cousin wants so much to take care of her but she is so far away! She could not really rely on her brother to give her the care and love that she wants to give her. Even the help they got could not give her the care that she wants my aunt to have!

I could feel how tormented she was and felt really sad for her. Then I looked at mama and thought how blessed I am to be with her. I am blessed because she takes care of me but I am also blessed because somehow I am able to take care of her and be with her.

No comments:

Post a Comment