Wednesday, January 25, 2012

Angelic Choir

I have been going to the chapel in our place once again for the morning mass. There has been a lot of changes there since 6 months ago. There are new priests, many of the people in charge are different, the bell is not regularly rang anymore before the mass, there were days with no choir and some of the regulars I saw are gone with new people attending.

Yesterday and today were days with no choir... well no regular choir that is.

Yesterday, while already seated on the pew and the commentator started reading the mass intentions and welcomed the priest presider, nobody sang the entrance song. There was no choir! The commentator knew me and know that I used to sing in the choir before and gave me an "eye." Knowing what she wanted, I sang as loud as I can, an appropriate entrance song and soon enough the congregation followed.

This morning, I arrived early in the chapel and I heard some people talking about the choir the other day. They could not see the people singing but there were voices. Must have been some of the kids or maybe angels?

Hmmm... Angelic choir??? That was me!!! :-)

Well not all of me. I just started it. The people sensed that there were no music coming from above so they followed and it actually sounded better since there was no powerful voice on the microphone but different voices everywhere.

There were no choir once again this morning and this time the commentator and I already talked. As the celebration started, I sang from where I was at one of the back pews and once again the people followed in the singing. There were still others whose heads turned up to where the choir sings, once again they found nobody!

Hmmm...angels once again? How I wish!

No comments:

Post a Comment