Thursday, January 12, 2012

Blood test

Today I have my blood test to check on my cancer level.

I want it so much to be within normal range... even zero!

The gospel today from Mk 1:40-45 was reassuring as it talks about how Jesus cleaned a leper. The leper begged Jesus saying "If you wish, you can make me clean." and Jesus moved with pity stretched out His hands and touched him saying "I do will it. Be made clean." And I prayed to Him to clean my blood... my body of all cancer cells and I feel Him saying "Yes Beth, I do will it. Be clean of your cancer!"

After I had my blood extracted and was walking to the hospital lobby, I could hear the pianist playing "Impossible Dream". My brother still had to get his car from the parking on another building so I stood near the piano and facing him sang the lyrics softly. My nose and lips were covered by my mask but he could hear me and he smiled. He then played "I Believe" and I continued to sang along humming when I forgot some of the lyrics and thinking "Yes Lord, I believe... I believe that nothing is impossible with you!" He followed the music with "You'll Never Walk Alone" and I still sang with his music and continued with my thought "Lord, I know I am in a storm...a health crisis but I should never fear because you are always with me." I was still singing softly as I left him to proceed to the entrance and heard him play "Walk with faith in your heart" and continued singing softly while waiting for the car to come in view and thought further "How nice his choice of songs, they suit me perfectly!" then I added "You know Lord, I think You had a hand in his choice... thank you!"

And now here at home, I await my blood result and say "Lord make it clean!" and I imagine Him telling me "Yes Beth, I will it. It will be clean!"

No comments:

Post a Comment