Tuesday, December 20, 2011

Best Birthday Gift

I have been praying for a lot of people but for sometime now I have been praying fervently for the brother of my former office mate. I met Meldy one time when I went to the hospital for my test and she told me that her brother who has multiple sclerosis was also in the hospital so that I promised her that I would include him in my prayer. I would inquire about him from time to time and his condition was not getting better... for a long time he has been in the ICU and I told her we should continue praying, then he was finally moved to a room but it was a temporary victory since he would have seizures and seemed to have lost zest for life as he sit with his sad eyes. Even Meldy was losing hope and that's the time I ask God for an urgent action! Although I have not met him and don't really know him, I found myself waking up very early in the morning with a great desire to pray for him... and I did! I would tell God that it was really urgent. Please let him go home so he could spend Christmas with his family.

And yesterday, I got a text message early in the morning from Meldy telling me that his brother was finally discharged last Saturday! Oh I told her that it was one of the best birthday news I got!

Yup yesterday was my birthday and I got good news early which made me really happy. Well I'm always happy on my birthday feeling so blessed! And knowing that we will have a family get together was something to look forward to.

And the get-together was really happy! Well that is until mama collapsed and hit her head. Blood was oozing and we all panicked! My siblings brought her to the hospital and those of us at home prayed and prayed. It was late and we suddenly grew tired but we kept on praying. Oh God, please take care of mama! I also asked for prayers from people in my community and somehow I felt at peace... I suddenly knew that God will take care of mama that even if I was on my celfone waiting for news from my sibling , I dozed off for a few minutes until I noticed a text message from my sister that mama was okay, no internal bleeding! Mama is okay!

Mama and my siblings arrived from the hospital around 4:00 am the next morning. It seemed a long time they were in the hospital! And as I look at her sleeping, I could only thank God and tell Him that mama is the best birthday gift I got! Thank you Lord!

No comments:

Post a Comment