Tuesday, December 20, 2011

Presentation

Our company field auditors are having their annual meeting in the conference room of one of our warehouses. I used to be in charge of this meeting and training but Raul took over since I am on leave. Actually he called me last week informing me of the meeting and told me that they would come to my home for my birthday and bring their dinner with them. I told him that we are having a family get-together that day and I would just go there the next day if I am up to since I also made a Training Presentation on Fraud Auditing.

I had time in my hands and I was able to get a book on Fraud Auditing and I knew that the information will help improve the skills of the auditors. At first, I thought I would make a manual which they could use but when Raul told me that they will push through with the meeting, I decided to turn it to a presentation instead thinking that my chemo would have been finished a week before and my body would have recovered from the usual pain and discomfort after the chemo.

The Powerpoint presentation was ready and so was I. I knew that my brother could easily bring me to our warehouse where the conference room is very nice and the location is far from the toxic environment of our office where there are so many people that vehicles would not be able to make it to our building. All was set until my mother had an accident on my birthday and I thought that I would not be able to make it after all but my mother was fine (thank God!) and I did make it.

It was nice to see the auditors including the new auditors that were hired since I was gone, there were a lot of them! The auditors also appreciated the presentation both the content and the manner it was presented... ahemmm! I, on my part felt happy to do the presentation even if I did not receive any salary being on leave without pay for a couple of months already. Yes I was tired after the 4 hours presentation but it was worth it! I have been with the company for a long long time and the auditors are not just my peers but my family. I don't know if I will still be with the company next December.... No, I'm not talking of death, it may come, only God knows but I am not really thinking about that. I just thought that the office area is really a toxic environment, pollution and people wise (sooooo many people there!) and the commute is difficult and I might just find it necessary to think of other work to provide for our financial needs. So, I'm grabbing the chance of still being able to share a part of myself to them until I can.

I did not put it off for tomorrow for tomorrow may not come.

Now, that should also be the case for my spiritual service to others... Not put for tomorrow what I can do now. My action is limited at the moment but whatever I am able to do, I should do. It is difficult Lord, so please push me!

No comments:

Post a Comment