Sunday, November 26, 2017

Visitation

Today is the end of the liturgical calendar for Catholics as we celebrate the Feast of Christ the King. As always I am half awake in the very early morning and today I found myself continuously singing in my head "Christus vincit, Christus regnat, Christus... Christus imperat."  There were a lot of other thoughts going on my mind but they were all passing as the song pops up again in my head. I guess that was my prayer...

At mid morning, my nephew came to me to reveal his realization about doing good. I felt very happy and kept shouting in my mind "Lord thank You! thank You!"

Then just before 6 pm the image of the Lady of Fatima came to our home. It was a block rosary. My sister-in-law mentioned it the week before but I never realized my blessing until I read the opening prayer for the welcome...

"We remember, dear mother, your visit to your cousin, Elizabeth. You set out proceeding in haste into the hill country to a town in Judah.You knew you were the Mother of the Savior. A great honour! But you forgot your dignity and in humility you went to serve your cousin. You come with the concern for our needs"

And the family replies "We are honoured to receive you into our house, O Mary."

And indeed I feel honored and blessed to be visited by Mary and on the great feast of Christ the King at that! Many times when I feel low when I would pray to her and say "Mary visit me like you visited your cousin Elizabeth, my namesake!" And indeed she has.

No comments:

Post a Comment