Saturday, May 19, 2012

Immuni Tea for Cancer et al

Ingredients:
  2 inches turmeric, sliced
  2 inches ginger, sliced
  1 bulb lemongrass, sliced
  1 cinnamon stick
  2 cups water

Procedure:
Place turmeric, ginger, lemongrass, cinnamon stick and water in a saucepan. Bring to a boil and simmer for 10 minutes. Strain and serve. 
Makes 2 cups.

That is one the recipes prepared by Chef Marie Gonzalez at the St. Luke's Cancer Institute's Corridor of Hope Cooking Demo I attended today.


I saw above brochure posted in one of my doctor's door during my checkup last Thursday so I made it a point to join thinking it will be neat to have new simple recipes added to my food selection.

Chef Marie was great and the dishes were good. Aside from the tea, she also prepared a Cancer Fighting Green Juice using a Hurom slow juicer,  Mineral Broth and Cancer Fighting Bean Salad using organic vegetables provided by Organic Manila and for dessert... black bean brownies using coconut sugar from Coco Natura.

They also provided the recipes for above but I am too lazy to type everything at the moment... hahaha!

Actually it was not just about the recipes, though that was the biggest part of the gathering. Chef Marie also shared the benefits of vegan cooking and of course the foods to avoid especially for cancer patients/survivors. There was also a sharing by Breast Cancer Patient - Haidee Ala of the Corridor of Hope which is inspiring considering that she has been battling cancer on and off for 9 years and even had a near-death experience but she still continues to LIVE the best that she can and bring hope to others. PLUS some nice things were the freebies of course. We got a bag and sample from Abbot's Prosure, nutrition for cancer induced weight loss. I have my ideal weight at the moment which I hope to maintain but I did enjoy the Mango shake I tasted during their demo :) I would have stayed longer to taste the other shakes to be prepared but I had to rush to another important function but I did have a good time there. Looking forward such other activities!

No comments:

Post a Comment