Thursday, May 17, 2012

10-5-NED

Today was my fifth checkup after my chemotherapy.
My doctor noted 10-5-NED...
That is 10 months since my operation;
5 months since my last chemo; and
No Evidence of Disease. :-)
I have gone back to work... and work meant work as it was before!
People say I don't look sick...
And that I look the same...
Well, not exactly the same...
Because my hair has become curly! Arghhh!
My hair always had a mind of its own and would not follow the style I want so it was tied it up most often but it was generally straight and still followed the law of gravity. My long hair strands then flowed down! But now, not only is it thicker but it is turning wavy which does not go down but up! The strands, especially near my neck, fly away and waves upward! Hahaha!
I guess the strands felt deprived of their existence during my chemo days that they are now coming back with a vengeance and now they are breaking free and would go in directions they want to...
Well they can go in any direction just as long as they do not leave my scalp again...
The only thing I want to leave my body and never return again are the CA cells.

No comments:

Post a Comment