Saturday, March 10, 2012

Back to work

I went back to work last March 1.

I had a really really long vacation and it is good to be working again. People in the office were happy to see me back though they are still concerned that I might overstress myself and constantly remind me to just take it easy. There is really no problem with work, it was just like doing the regular stuff. Like I just start on a normal working day from a previous day. The trip to the office is another thing though plus I don't get to exercise and move around too much which my body certainly needs. I've commuted through public transport only twice since my brother has volunteered to bring me to work and fetch me there or in most cases fetch me in my boss' home since I ride back with her. Her place is definitely nearer than my office.

Public commute from my home to the office is really "toxic" so many people so my brother's offer was really great relief. I hope he doesn't get tired bringing and fetching me.

The work place environment is still the same and is still a major concern because of pollution
and so many people. No problem in the office but down below on the street... Ahhhh! Good thing it is summer and I don't have to bother with rain and just walk fast to the office from the car with my mask and hanky as additional covering... and so I work and work in the meantime and worry later when the rainy season comes...(my eyes read your suggestion to yourself again! Worry later! haha)

One thing I really appreciated since I got back to the office, aside from the support from people there of course, was the mass we had on March 2. It is a first Friday mass which our office always have. I volunteered to be the mass commentator and I was so touched when our priest - a monsignor by the way, came to me during the Prayer for the Faithful and ask the people to raise their hands and pray for me. I could feel my eyes well up as he said the prayer! Okay... okay... tears actually fell! I am so blessed to have so many people praying and caring for me!

And I am blessed to be able to work again!

No comments:

Post a Comment