Monday, February 20, 2012

Healing Mass with Fr. Fernando Suarez

There was a Healing Mass today at St. Peter Parish Church (Commonwealth) by Fr. Fernando Suarez, MMMP. We knew that the mass would start at 9:00 am but mama and I came early just in time for the 7 am mass.

There were a lot of people but it was organized and people were generally quiet and attentive to the whole service. There were 2 readings and the psalm and gospel which were different from the reading, psalm and gospel on the 7 am mass. I figured that it was an advanced Sunday Service which will be featured later on TV (I checked the readings and gospel later on my 366 Days with the Lord and true enough, they are for March 11, a Sunday and I guess they will feature the mass on that date in TV5 since I heard Fr. Suarez thanking TV5 at the end of the Eucharist).

After the mass, Fr. Suarez' coordinator told that Fr. Suarez will not only pray over the people there but would also pray for others whose pictures were brought by the people and he would also bless objects brought. Mama and I did not bring any picture of our family members but I brought my "Prayer" notebook which also contained the names of the people I am praying for, that meant that when my time comes to be prayed over, they too will be prayed over by Fr. Suarez! There were lots of ushers and guides who were directing the people on the procedure so the Pray Over was fast despite the church being full. We just fell in a horizontal line in front of the altar as Fr. Suarez comes to each, there were people in our backs ready to catch us if we fall. He did not really stay long in each person as he would just touch you. He did not lay his hand on me but actually poked his finger on my mid-left abdomen...

As in the past it made me wonder why he touched me there!

This is not the first time that I had the occasion of attending a Holy Eucharist he has presided since he celebrated the Holy Eucharist in our office already where I had the honor of being the commentator and even held hands with him during the singing of the Lord's prayer in one occasion. He visited our office trice already and I was there on two occasions, since the last time he came I was having my 6th chemotherapy. I wanted to be there but I could not and it is a good thing that he came to our parish so I could attend!

But back to his visits in our office -- his hands softly touched my belly during his Pray Over. He placed his hands on others head or shoulder but twice he placed his hands on my abdomen. That was before I learned of my cancer. Somehow, he could feel where your sickness is and I believe those touch helped in making my cancer level not too high despite it having metastasized to other organs already. And now he poked on my left abdomen, I wonder if God told him to zap the stone in my kidney? It showed in the CT-Scan before and the doctors did not touch it. I certainly hope he did!

There were instant physical healing in that service. People clapped every time someone testifies to their healing, after all physical healing is a clearer sign of a miracle. Fr. Suarez and other healing priests have said again and again that they are not the ones who heal but they are just instruments. God decides who is healed!

Yup, God decides! He knows what is best for us and He has His own perfect timing. We just have to believe in Him. He is reminding me again that he is in control of my life, those people in my Prayer notebook and all others who come to Him!

No comments:

Post a Comment