Thursday, October 6, 2011

Thinking Differently

Steve Jobs died yesterday. Although the cause of his death was not given, it is believed that he died of pancreatic cancer, the disease he was diagnosed with and has been battling for a long time.

I don't have a mac, an ipod, an iphone, an ipad or many of the gadgets Apple has introduced into the market but I have been at amazed at how he returned and transformed Apple to what it is today after being kicked out from the company he founded...how he continued to work on his passions despite his illness and how his products have so much following. He certainly changed the way many people lived their lives.

I was reading on him and was caught by the Apple's 1997 advertisement "Think Different" and thought that it finely captures his take on life.

On that video they featured prominent people who think/thought differently and had a great impact on people's lives. And I thought of people I'd include if I were to make my video of people who thought differently and had a great impact on my life.

Jesus also thought differently, he was considered a rebel in his time. He did not think like the Jews of his time or like the world does. But his thought was in accordance with His Father. He is also asking us to do the same.

The saints and the martyrs also did not think as the world does. And they never lost their focus on God and their faith as they fulfilled their vision and mission. They should be our model in our role as Christians.

In this age of information technology, we should likewise "think differently" without losing our focus on our vision of sharing the gospel to the ends of the earth. It is so easy to just go with the tide and be like the rest and use our computer and the internet for information, work, relaxation and entertainment. This is especially now for me especially since I am temporarily not able to move about while undergoing chemo. Maybe it is time to think differently and use it to fulfill my mission as a Christian?

Well I know it is but I sure need a push! Oh God, please give me the grace not to just think differently but to act on your inspirations!

No comments:

Post a Comment